Gifts for Pediatric Patients
Goryeb Children’s Hospital is currently accepting brand new toys and games still in packaging. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accept handmade items (e.g., blankets, pillowcases, cards, etc.) at this time.
Items for donation can be dropped off curbside, mailed or sent directly through an Amazon or Target Wish List. Donation drop-offs must be pre-approved and scheduled. Please contact the Child Life Department at 973-971-6795 or email GoryebDonations@atlantichealth.org for details.
Please note: Masking guidelines remain in place for all hospital/health care settings. Please ensure you wear a mask when dropping off donations.
Please check our Wish Lists for donation ideas and a list of approved items:
- $5-10 increments to Starbucks
- $10 increment gift cards are used as “treasure chest” rewards for our teen patients (Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Chipotle and Dunkin Donuts) are all favorites
- $25 increments to gas stations (for parents traveling back and forth to the hospital often)
- Any increment to Target, Walmart, Amazon, party stores, grocery stores, American Express/Visa – used as birthday gifts; for parents who need to buy specific foods for their sick child; to purchase supplies for patient parties and to purchase patient activity related supplies (slime, cooking activities, etc.)
- Any increment to area restaurants that deliver to give families with an extended stay an alternative option to hospital meals
A gift of personal property is a way to make a difference at Morristown Medical Center at little cost. If you donate a valuable collection, a work of art or other tangible personal property that can be used or sold by the hospital, you can take a charitable deduction of the item’s full fair market value and reduce future estate taxes. For more information about making a gift of personal property, contact Cynthia O’Donnell, director of gift planning, at 973-593-2418 or email@example.com.
A gift of real estate is another means of making a donation to Morristown Medical Center. Tax-deductible donations of personal or commercial property can offer you significant tax advantages, while putting an asset to use in healing and saving lives.
Donating a home or second residence is a way of making a generous gift to Morristown Medical Center, while possibly gaining valuable tax benefits. Depending on your circumstances, you may reduce capital gains taxes, avoid probate costs and save on estate taxes. You can also make a tax-deductible donation of your home and continue to live in it, saving yourself the burden and cost of upkeep. For more information about our Gifts of Residential Real Estate program, contact Cynthia O’Donnell, director of gift planning, at 973-593-2418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a commercial property owner, you may find it beneficial to donate surplus property to Morristown Medical Center, which can help relieve you of the burden and obligations of maintaining unproductive property. Companies can realize substantial tax savings while making a major gift that will yield direct benefits to the community. If desired, donated property can support a particular field of medicine. The Foundation will recognize sizable gifts of property in its magazine – the Foundation Journal – news releases, and other promotional material, to afford company donors an opportunity to enhance their public image through their generosity. For more information about this program, contact Cynthia O’Donnell, director of gift planning, at 973- 593-2418 or email@example.com.