Organize an Event Fundraiser
Many people enjoy hosting fundraisers to benefit Morristown Medical Center or Goryeb Children’s Hospital; some, in fact, have made it an annual undertaking. Whether you’re interested in doing something at your home, in your community or at a local school, organizing an event is a great way to help the medical center provide life-saving treatment and compassionate care to patients of all ages.
Create a Fundraising Page through JustGiving
Part 1: Creating Your Account
- Access our fundraising platform through JustGiving.
- Click the “Fundraise For Us” button.
- When you get to the Sign Up page, enter your relevant personal information.
Part 2: Choosing Your Event Type
JustGiving provides various event types that allow you to customize a fundraiser for your specific needs. You will be brought to a page that looks like the following:
From here, you can select whichever event type fits your idea(s) best! If you can’t decide on one of the pre-set categories, you can simply click “Doing Your Own Thing” and create your event from there.
Part 3: Creating Your Event
- After you select your event type, you will be prompted to enter relevant information about your event such as when and where it will take place.
- On this page, you can customize how your URL will appear to others that view your fundraiser. As a best practice to engage anyone who might be interested, you should personalize this title and make it relevant to your fundraiser.
- When you finish entering your event information, click “Create Your Page.” Your fundraiser is now live on JustGiving’s website for the world to see!
- From here, JustGiving allows you to add other details to your fundraiser including pictures, stories and other relevant information to help your JustGiving page flourish!
- Before leaving this page, please fill out this form so we are notified and can keep track of your fundraiser.
Part 4: Time To Share!
- Make sure to tell everyone you know such as friends, family, and other members of your community about your fundraiser! The key to JustGiving is getting the word out about your page as much as possible to engage others.
- If you’re creatively savvy, we highly suggest you create promotional materials such as posters, social media posts and other engaging content to drive people within your community to make a difference through JustGiving. Please notify us of any materials that include an Atlantic Health System logo for approval before posting them.
Thank you for making a positive impact on your community! If you need further assistance, please contact our special events coordinator, Darnel Topinka, at 973-593-2440.